Our world is changing more rapidly than anyone could have imagined just a short year ago.
The ChangeMaker's Institute
Schools are Online
People are Unemployed
Inequities remain widespread globally
With a global pandemic spreading, stark racial and socioeconomic inequalities mounting, and climate change continuing to wreak havoc, and the institutions that govern our world are failing to solve these pressing problems. However, moments of upheaval and disruption provide opportunities to enact change, and we need young women to lead this change. The time is now; the world needs you.
ChangeMaker’s Institute: Summer Discussion Series
July 27th to August 5th
Are you passionate about social change? Join a diverse group of driven girls (15-18 years old) and Ancients (Miss Porter’s school graduates) from around the world for a series of intergenerational discussions about how to create real change and impact in the following areas: racial justice, women’s empowerment, and education reform.
The Miss Porter’s School ChangeMakers Institute launched in Spring 2021 through a partnership between Miss Porter’s School and Social Contract, a Miss Porter’s Alumnae led consulting company that focuses on changing how we approach change making in the world. Over 12 weeks, we engaged 21 young women from all over the world to consider the full complexity of what it means to solve our world’s most pressing social challenges. And now they want to talk to you!
The base for our conversations will be the BluePrints for Change built by our Spring 2021 Miss Porter’s School ChangeMaker Fellows. These Blueprints outline the current state, ideal state, and the highest investment strategies needed to meaningfully move the needle on these pressing issues. You can find links to their blueprints here.
Our ChangeMakers Institute Discussion Series will be facilitated by Social Contract, together with our Spring Fellows. Conversations will be interactive and engaging. The outcome of the conversation will be alignment on highest value strategies that matter most and a platform for action that will ideally form the basis of future intergenerational working groups, continued discussion, and compelling action.
Spots in each conversation are limited to allow for meaningful connection between Spring 2021 Fellows, MPS alumnae, interested students, and additional stakeholders interested in these topics. Join us for one or all of these conversations.
- Racial Justice Tuesday, July 27th, 7-8:30pm EST
- Education Reform Tuesday, August 3rd, 7-8:30pm EST
- Women’s Empowerment Thursday, August 5th, 9-10:30am EST
- Maternal Health Among Women of Color Thursday, August 5th, 7-8:30pm EST
Shape this changing world with us
Miss Porter’s ChangeMaker’s Institute will bring together passionate, driven young women (15-18 years old ) from around the world. Together, through an engaging and challenging Fellowship experience, talented young women will work together to identify a shared vision for a better future. Over 12 weeks, Fellows will explore their own lives and beliefs about what they want to make possible. They will work to connect with global experts and each other to gain clarity on how to make the ideal future they imagine reality and actively shape this changing world.
Throughout the semester, 20 Fellows will work to tackle their shared goals by learning to reframe and reimagine the issues they are passionate about and determine the key priority levers that will enact lasting change. At the culmination of their time together, fellows will create an implementable blueprint for change and will have the opportunity to pitch the plan to peers, family members, alumnae, and invited guests.
- Develop a sense of shared purpose with other changemakers around the world
- Gain clarity on the path forward to enacting the change you care most about
- Develop and sharpen changemaking skill sets
- Connect with global changemakers
- Deepen understanding and familiarity with systems thinking and collective impact
- Learn the history and core drivers of social impact and changemaking
The Spring 2021 MPS Changemaker’s Fellowship
Start date: February 20, 2021
End date: May 8, 2021
- Weekly synchronous Zoom meetings on Saturdays from 9am-10:30am EDT (potential to shift time based on time zones of students participating)
- Average of 3-4 hours of asynchronous work
Application Deadline: Closed
Week 1 & 2: Defining a shared vision of the future
- Who am I? What do I care about?
- How does my social conditioning impact my beliefs and priorities?
- What does the world need more of?
- What changes am I most passionate about?
Weeks 3 – 5: Discovery
- Why does making this change matter?
- Whom else in the world do these issues matter to?
- What is the history and who are the influencers of these issues?
- What assumptions do we hold?
Week 6: Developing clarity of vision
- What are we trying to change?
- What is the current reality?
- What are our priorities?
Week 7 – 9: Developing clarity for action
- Does my vision align with significant stakeholders? With the communities most impacted?
- Who will be the most significant actors required to make real change?
- What are our measurable outcomes of success? What do we know about the related costs?
Week 10: Building the Blueprint
- What is a blueprint?
- How does having a blueprint enable change?
Week 11: Present Blueprints
- Share blueprints from teams
- Create one shared blueprint
Week 12: Unveiling Ceremony
- Celebrate learning and work
- Pitch blueprint to a larger audience of peers, family members, alumni, and invited guests.